Under Pallet Carrier UPC
Compact Storage Shuttle System
High throughput efficiency during complete filling or emptying of a pallet channel
Powiększ zdjęcie za pomocą myszki
- Podnoszenie (maszt standardowy)
- 27 - 27 mm
- 1,50 - 1,50 t
- Collision-free pallet storage and retrieval
- Optimum utilisation of building height through low racking compartment height
- Total system flexibility due to handling different pallet types
- Operational with virtually any Jungheinrich forklift truck
The Jungheinrich Compact Storage System with UPC (Under Pallet Carrier) – consisting of carrier, carrier truck and channel racking - facilitates optimum utilisation of storage space. UPC racking provides room in height and width for several pallet channels. The low height utilisation per channel level also allows effective use of the available storage height. Any Jungheinrich forklift truck with sufficient residual capacity can be used as a carrier truck.
The UPC is particularly effective during repeated storage and retrieval in the same pallet channel – e.g. when buffering a large quantity of the same pallets.
The UPC is put on the forks of the carrier truck and used in the pallet channel where it travels independently under the stored pallets without being connected to the carrier truck.
After putting down the first pallet on the UPC rail in the racking channel and pressing the start button on the operating console, the process control carries out all necessary travel and lift movements independently. Sensors recognise the position of stored pallets. There is therefore no danger of collision when stacking and retrieving new pallets.
Operating terminal and process control communicate via bi-directional radio link run on the registration-free ISM band (433 MHz). The operator picks up another pallet while the carrier is travelling, puts it down at the channel start and a new work cycle can begin. Retrieval is carried out accordingly.
- Flexibility through handling different pallet types
- Easy battery change for 2- and 3-shift operation
- User-friendly hand-held radio terminal
- Special functionalities
- UPC Compact Storage System in cold stores
- Larger racking installations with several carriers
Different UPC variants facilitate the handling of different load carriers:
- Euro pallets.
- Industrial pallets.
Euro and industrial pallets in the same racking system: Kombi carriers with sensors for recognising the pallet size.
- Chemicals pallets.
- Other variants available on request.
- Stacking and retrieval based on LiFo (Last in, first out) and FiFo (First in, first out) is made easy.
- When channel is to be emptied completely, e.g. for a delivery order, the UPC automatically takes each pallet in the channel to the retrieval side from where it is picked up by a forklift truck and taken to Goods Outward.
- This function is also possible if not all but only a certain number of pallets are to be retrieved.
- Compressing: If there is no stacking or retrieval (e.g. at end of shift), all pallets can automatically be brought to the retrieval side.
The battery charger of the carrier ensures easy charging at any 230 V mains socket. Depending on the intensity of the application, the carrier with a fully charged battery set is operational for eight to ten hours.
An additional second battery – in combination with a battery changing station (optional) – significantly increases the application time in 2- and 3-shift operations. Battery change is carried out in seconds due to the battery container.
Excellent space utilisation is of particular importance for the efficient operation in a cold store. The UPC cold store version (optional) allows application in temperatures up to –30°C. A second battery set with charging station noticeably increases operational availability.
- Ergonomic mounting within the operator’s field of vision.
- Simple operation and clear information display.
- Well-arranged function keys.
- Numerous diagnostic functions for Jungheinrich Service.
- Can also be used in mobile applications.
Up to 69 different carriers can be dialled up with a hand-held radio terminal for larger racking installations. The operator only needs to change the identification on the hand-held terminal to contact the next carrier.